Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer?

I thought it was supposed to be summer? Isn't everyone supposed to be done with all the yucky bugs and germs by now? Well, we've had our fair share of things and are ready for summer to burn off all the germs! Both kids had Fifth's disease a couple of weeks ago, and now Kelsey just got over strep throat, and has been oh so kind to pass it along to her brother. So now she's feeling better and Justin is feeling awful. He keeps saying "Mommy, my froat hurts, I no feel dood." Poor little guy is just miserable. Luckily he's got an antibiotic and hopefully will be on the mend soon!

Steve is done with school, his last day was Friday. And softball is now over. They won the sectional title and went to Regional last Saturday. But unfortunately lost their first game of the day to Homestead (but Homestead went on to lose the next game, so that made us all feel alittle better!) They had a great season and I'm very proud of him for it being his first year in softball. Granted he's had 15 years of baseball behind him, but that didn't involve girls! That's a whole new ballgame in itself! But he did great, and most of the parents seemed very pleased with his coaching style this year! He was told by so many parents how much they appreciated how he treated their girls. The former coach was a screamer, and as you know, my husband is definately not a screamer. He has more patience than most people I know!

Now, he's on to driver's ed. It's that time of year again where he spends 6 hours a day in a car with three inexperienced teenage drivers. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how he does it!

Kelsey's first dance recital is Saturday. I'll post some pictures of her after that. She has rehearsals tonight and Thursday night. And then two performances then on Saturday. She looks so cute out there!

Anyway, once the sickness goes away, things should calm down a bit in the Ternet household. We are so glad that it's summer, because for our house, that means that we have daddy home and are able to enjoy some family time!

No comments: